DAY 2 of 31 days to Know You
Sometimes, it's important to know where you came from. Everyone -- everything came from somewhere.
A knitted bowl (soon to be felted)
Knitted from yarn
Yarn which was plyed
From yarn I spun
Yarn I spun from roving
roving I carded from a fleece
which came from a breed of sheep call Romney

which originated in England
In this same way, follow something about you back to its roots. Where did it come from? The way you drink your coffee, the way you wear your hair, the song that you always sing when no one is listening. Where did it come from? If a random mood hits and you don't know why you're feeling what you're feeling, try looking at the background. It could be anything from the slant of the sun or the chill in the air or the song on the radio or the perfume someone is wearing. Maybe they bring back some other moment and it's that moment that brings your response.
TRY THIS: Construct a time-line for one trait or mood or moment that you consider part of YOU. Think of how you would respond to this when you were an infant, a child, a teen, in your twenties, and right on up until this moment. Where did it originate? What are you deciding to do with it now? Is it yours? Or is this a learned response? Is it something you want to keep or release?
Act out the emotion or the situation or the response -- dance it, paint it, write it, breathe your way past it. One more way to know you is to know what is not you and how to release the add-ons.
2 comments:
you are probably not aware of how much I needed this today- so miigwetch for posting what I need to hear!
I'm very glad this helped you. Thank you for taking the time to tell me this.
Post a Comment