Day 3 of 30 Days to Know You
What we want to know, we already know. It's in there. Somewhere. Our bodies hold every scene, every sentence, every mood, every action. Our dreams try to decode this storehouse and present these bits of us in images that either de-fragment what is not needed or bring forward what is important.
This inkblot might be a butterfly or the Mothman or a woman spinning poi. Only the one who sees it knows for sure what it means. The information already contained within us comes to us on the turn of a song, or the song of a bird, on the shape of a cloud, on a slant of the sun.
A wise reader allows you to draw a card and then asks, "What do you see?" Each card has a meaning of its own, but the story you see is the truest story of all.
Today, I asked, "Who am I in this current story?" I drew 10 of cups. I am not the Hermit, now. I am one of a Tribe, one of a Community, one of a Family. I was encouraged by this. I acknowledged my place in the story that is unfolding.
Sometimes when I am troubled I can't find the reason beneath the surface. I can't find the beginning of the concern. There is only a sense of heightened awareness that lets me know something is up. I draw a card and find the root of the problem, so I can find the pathway to the solution. Self-knowledge is what Tarot cards are really about. Tools such as this give a way to know who you are -- what you want -- where you aim to go. They do not predict the future as some folks think, they only show how the energy is moving at this time and present likely outcomes if the course is not changed by something we intend and act on in the present.
TRY THIS: Get a stack of magazines and flip through them, very quickly. When you come to a picture that arrests your attention, pay attention. Give it a moment. Does that picture have something to say to you? Does it give an answer? Or a question? Sometimes, it is as important to find the question as it is to find the answer.
Keep flipping through the magazines until you have gathered enough bits of your story to think on. You may want to write (or paint, dance, create music) your way to the message behind what you've seen. Will this tell you the future? No. But it may allow you to see how the future is likely to unfold unless you take a different action, intend a different result.
Day 4
31 Days for YOU to write
No comments:
Post a Comment