Thursday, February 9, 2012

EB -- Human

Solar Human -- EB  -- But what does it mean?

It's all new to me.

This from the book of Maya cards -- Return Path to the Stars:


EB (eb) – Broom, Grass
Mudra: arms outstretched above head; then hands coming together to form a “V” on top of the head, open to the heavens.
Meditation: “I am the cosmic cornucopia, ever singing through you the gifts of the spiraling galaxies.”
Affirmation: “I am an open chalice. I am the joyful expression of the abundance of the universe.”

Today, I was -- as Mom would have said, "full of myself". Is that a bad thing? I started early before the sun came over the mountain. I started with Sigdrifa's prayer as I always do. This prayer is the only non-Christianalized prayer we have (so I've been told).

Hail Day,
Hail Day's Son
Hail Night and Her Daughter,
Look upon us here (or twain),
with loving eyes and bid us good speed.

Hail Gods
Hail Goddesses,
Hail much needed Earth,
Sayings and Sage wit
Grant to us, the storied ones,
And healing hands in this life.

This morning, I did not pray the powwow prayer for help as I often do, but prayer had been in my mind a better portion of the night before I woke. This morning, I tended the altar and made tea, did the 8 silken movements (or eight pieces of brocade) that I am now relearning. (What I did before was slightly different, but the moves are much the same).

Then came the day -- breakfast cooked and dishes washed and housework quickly done. Then a bit of sewing and from time to time, a break to go and see what my friends were doing by way of the new "backyard fence" -- email and Facebook. I found my friend Andi on You Tube with a new video.



All day, I worked, but I also played. I got an awful lot of playing done and looked back down my row and found it planted nicely.

This afternoon, I organized my material and craft things, this morning, I sorted clothes. I remade one dress into something to wear with pants -- I cut out a pair of slacks to sew later.

Then I felt too praiseful to stand still, so I got out my staff and started connecting -- as my new "mentor", Kari Tauring, calls it. (When the student is ready, the teacher appears -- and I am now surrounded by teachers -- what was it that happened to bring me to readiness to hear what they are saying?).

What Kari is saying is resonating with me. I have been working on familial orlog for a long time. Lately, I've worked to heal anger. I had no way to access anger which, prior to this past December (when 'something' happened ???), I felt each time we (anyone other than the mainstream religion) were taken for granted, abused, disallowed, or told we were thieves for coming to our spirituality by some way other than by the lord of that religion which conquered us. Kari calls it "ancestral grief" or "inherited cultural grief".

By tuning in with the stav, a representation of the world tree, by dance and song, we are healing this in ourselves and in our land. So many wrongs done, not only to our ancestors, but to those who called this land home. What was done to the people and to the land needs healing. This is the stream of energy I found the very first time I ever stomp-danced my way through circle so many years ago. I didn't know it, but that time was the beginning of a cycle of thirteen years -- that ends this year.

I went back to read Kari's page and found her rendition of Sineah O'Connor's  'Famine'.


"we've lost contact with our history 
See we used to worship God as a mother
We're sufferin from post traumatic stress disorder
Look at all our old men in the pubs
Look at all our young people on drugs
We used to worship God as a mother
Now look at what we're doing to each other ..."


and this

"And if there ever is gonna be healing
There has to be remembering
And then grieving
So that there then can be forgiving
There has to be knowledge and understanding"

I think it was a good way to spend the day of the 'Human' -- of the 'wind' and the 'grass', as this sign is also noted. What does it mean by the book? I don't know -- but I know I'm somewhere this evening that I wasn't this morning. And that's a good thing.

No comments: